More News: Spotify Launches, Westergren’s Dilemma, $1.5M To Hitlantis, ReverbNation & More
The morning's big news is the overdue U.S. launch of Spotify. We've got details and the full Spotify launch press release. For deeper insights, I suggest this Businessweek profile of Spotify founder Daniel Ek.
- Royalty payments dog Pandora's Westergren (Reuters)
- Hitlantis has closed an “over-subscribed angel investment” of $1.5 million. A Series “A” round of $4-7 million is planned for fall. The Finnish startup has seen its user base grow by 40% in recent weeks, according to RAIN.
- "Billboard Apparently Unable To Hire Its Own Writers For Copycat Conference; So Just Copies Text From Others" (Techdirt)
- ReverbNation offers chance to win Ne-Yo opener on Mission One Voice military base concert broadcast on Jam House Live. Details here.
- eMusic members in the UK, Ireland and France now have access to Sub Pop Records releases, as they have in the US for some time..
- Q&A: Why Tim Vanderhook Paid $35 Million for MySpace (Hollywood Reporter)