More News: ‘Radical’ iTunes 11, Google Music Grows, MusicDNA ID, Sirius x4, 90 Sec. Previews & More
iTunes 11 reportedly will be a radical overhaul, including iCloud integration (iDownload) It's hard to imagine strong iCloud integration without a major iTune's reboot.
- Google is slowly opening up its cloud music service, giving two beta invites to each current user.
- There's another entry in the music recognition tech race as BACH Technology opens its MusicDNA ID system to developers. Test drive the Facebook app here.
- Sirius XM shares may quadruple to as much as $8 in the next three years as they add subscribers without many new costs, says Craig Hodges of the Dallas-based Hodges Fund (The Street)
- iTunes 90 second song previews have gone global.
- Warner Music Group Corp. will release its financial results on August 4th for the third fiscal quarter and hold an earnings conference call that morning at 8:30 a.m. ET.
- Ford is no longer installing CD players in its new Focus vehicles and adding USB sockets for digital-music players.
- Amazon has opened entries to the fifth annual AWS Start-Up Challenge, a contest to recognize 15 start-ups built on AWS's cloud computing platform.