More News: No WMG Bid For EMI?, Borders Liquidates, Black Is Back, HFA+Spotify, Apple, More
Warner debt may prevent the from make a deal to buy EMI according to analyst Anthony Canale of Covenant Review, which analyzes credit agreements. (NY Post)
- After failing to find a buyer, Borders told the bankruptcy court Monday that it will close its remaining 399 stores and liquidate its assets starting as soon as Friday.
- Rebecca Black extends her 15 mins of fame with a new video that's exceeded 1 million plays in just 1 day on YouTube.
- The Harry Fox Agency is handling licensing for the U.S. launch of Spotify.
- After being at his desk for weeks, LA Reid was officially named Chairman & CEO of Epic Records Monday by new Sony Music Entertainment CEO Doug Morris.
- Analysts are forecasting that Apple iPod sales will decline 7.2% year over year as smartphones and other devices gain popularity. But Apple stock hit an all time high Monday of $374.65 just ahead of an anticipated strong earnings report.
- Google announced new URL shortcut that will only link to official Google products and services: g.co.
- Ticketmaster For BlackBerry Beta v2.0 Available Now For Beta Zone Members (TechCrunch)