More News: MySpace, Apple iCloud, New MTV Prez, Gray To WMG, Omaha, YouTube + Creative Commons
NewsCorp is nearing a deal for MySpace, but it may be more of a partnership than a sale. (Wall Street Journal)
- Reactions are mixed to Apple's new iCloud and iTunes Match services. They fully don't launch until fall, but if you can try some features of iCloud for free now. Here's how via BI.
- Stephen Friedman, MTV’s new president worships his audience, loves social media, and defends the Situation. (AdWeek) So Steve, where's the music?
- RCA SVP of Pop Promotion Peter Gray is leaving after eight years to join WMG as SVP of Promotion for both Warner Bros. Records and Reprise Records.
- The Indie-Rock Club Behind Omaha's $100 Million Creative Boom (NPR)
- YouTube and Creative Commons: raising the bar on user creativity. (YouTube) We'll write something more extensive about this soo, but for now take a look at Google's blog post an imagine how much more interesting artists can make their videos with no extra cost and little effort.
- Richard Kirstein: How can music best work with brands? The founding partner of Resilient Music's seven handy tips on how labels and managers can optimise how they work with brands. (MidemNet)