More News: Mottola Film & Book, Kejner To Myxer, ZapTunes, Sony Earnings Preview, UMG & More
A film documentary about Tommy Mottola, who ran Sony Records for a decade+, is nearing completion. “The doc is of Tommy’s life, but also documents the history of music, from Elvis to the iPod,” an insider told the NY Post. Director Richard Stratton also helping an upcoming memoir, "The Last Starmaker," which includes the breakup with wife and client Mariah Carey. Given the egos, I hope it was filmed in widescreen...
- Former EMI Music exec Camili Kejner joins ad-supported mobile entertainment site Myxer as EVP.
- ZapTunes wants deals to sell independent artists’ music. (Music Ally)
- Sony Corp. reports fiscal first quarter earnings Thursday that are expected to reflect a gradual recovery, despite the damage from the March earthquake and an embarrassing online security breach. (MSNBC)
- Facebook Is Blocking Users From Installing Its Leaked iPad App (BI)
- UMG has upped Saheli Datta to SVP of Ethics, Compliance and Employment Counsel.
- Rumors have it the every Blackberry will get a long overdue Facebook icon today.
- Canadian YouTubers prefer gastro-porn to Bieber. (CNet)