More News: iCloud Latest, Spitz Exits Topspin, E3, Apple vs. Concert Piracy, RIAA On Copyrights & More
At 10AM PT today, Steve Jobs will take the stage at Apple's WWDC2011 to announce the iCloud and other new products. We'll be tweeting developments live @hypebot and follow with a midday story. Until then, here is what we know so far about the iCloud and my take on why today's announcement is much more important than you probably think.
- Topspin marketing director Jason Spitz has exited the company.
- E3 - The Electronic Entertainment Expo kicks of in LA this week. Look for Sony to try to slavage its reputation.
- A new Apple patent for mobile devices could help the music and film industries stop illegal recording a concert or a movie playing in a theater. (NY Times)
- Performance rights groups face challenges and uncertainty (Billboard)
- RIAA: Changing Copyright Term On Recordings Is Unconstitutional (But Only If It's Shorter) (Techdirt)
- Recording Industry Steps Back From Piracy Disconnections (TorrentFreak)