MORE NEWS: Facebook Mimics Google+, MP3Tunes Opinions, Mobile Roadie, Ticketmaster, RCA, Tubefire
Facebook+ - Facebook has made its sharing, privacy settings much closer to those of Google+ (ars), as well as, some new Google+ like features. (Wired)
- The EMI vs. MP3Tunes split decision continues to be hotly debated. Most believe it strengthens DMCA safe harbor rules. But the EFF, Billboard, MediaMemo, CNet and outspoken MP3Tunes founder Michael Robertson disagree on the lasting effects.
- Mobile Roadie has partnered with Ustream to make it the self-service platform of mobile apps for broadcasters. Ustream previously offered Live Mobilizer, which they are discontinuing.
- Ticketmaster Teams With Facebook So You Can Sit Next To Your Friends (Fast Company)
- A new e-book offers tools and tips for getting the most from Spotify - The Pansentient League's Guide to Spotify.
- RCA Shakeup: About 20 have exited (mostly from promo) and others are getting new titles. A roundup from FMQB.
- In Japan, 31 record companies filed for a total 230 million yen in damages in a copyright suit against the operator of Tubefire, a site enabling free downloads of music videos posted on YouTube. (DYO)
Leave a Reply