More News: Creem Magazine Returns, Will Labels Kill Turtable.fm, UMG + Crunch, We7 + Netlog & More
Bucking the trend of disappearing music magazines, Creem Magazine is returning to print with a September edition. (AP)
- Turntable.fm Has Lots Of Buzz, But Will The Labels Crush It? (paidContent)
- Music Bloggers Hack Record Industry by Launching Indie Labels (Wired)
- Universal Music Publishing Group has hired Crunch Digital to handle data management for selected cloud and internet streaming music services. Crunch Digital's PDX Service centralizes data flow under licenses from publishers to the licensed music services and improves the accuracy of royalty reporting.
- Two weeks after its launch in Belgium, we7 has partnered with the Belgian social network Netlog that allows Netlog’s users to choose from over 7 million songs to add to their profile and share.
- EMI inks Facebook social games licensing deal with MXP4. - Players will pay using Facebook Credits to play games including tracks from Lily Allen, Gorillaz, David Guetta and other artists. (Guardian)
- From TED Global: Imogen Heap’s Tech-Infused Gloves Create Music on the Fly. (Mashable)