More News: Amazon Up 51%, Indies #1, Orchard + Sharesquare, Rumblefish Hits 4M & Opens API
Amazon announced second quarter sales up 51% to $9.91 billion, It's the first quarter since added enhancements to Amazon Cloud Drive and Cloud Player including storage plans with unlimited space for music, free storage for all Amazon MP3 purchases and Cloud Player for Web, now on iPad.
- Billboard Unveils New Market Share Statistics: Indie Labels Are Number 1 (A2IM)
- Pandora #1 Once Again In July Internet Radio Rankings (FMQB)
- The Orchard is partnering with ShareSquare to offer QR code based marketing to their artists.
- Rumblefish announced that it has passed 4 million soundtracks licensed and the general availability of its API which launched in private beta in Q1 2011,
- The Warped Tour used Eventbrite for pre-sale their Ventura, CA show and saw some very impressive results:
- 60% more pre-sale tickets online than last year
- 81% of the tickets sold through Eventbrite-generated links were sold to first-time attendees.
- Music Industry Wants To Put 'Red Lights' In Google For Sites It Says Support Infringement (Techdirt)