More New Music Industry News: Top iPhone Apps, Stereogum, WMG + Hulu. NARM & More
- Proposed Ticketmaster-Live Nation Merger: What To Expect Next. (Billboard)
- The 40 best branded iPhone music apps of 2009. (Music Ally)
- Metal music writer Brandon Stosuy has taken his popular
Metal Music column to Stereogum.com from Pitchfork.com. The column
officially launched this week with the release of the top 30
Metal Albums of 2009.
- UK Music Industry Now Blames Non-P2P Download Methods - Consumer survey proves proposed “three-strikes” legislation will have little effect on levels of illegal file-sharing. (ZeroPaid)
- Musician's Institute is running a contest with the grand prize a $10,000 "Full Ride" scholarship. (MI)
- Warner Music Group signs with video site Hulu. (Hypebot)
- A year out, where's RIAA's promised ISP help? (CNet)
- Top 100 Spotify tracks of 2009.
- NARM upgrades it s web site with a new Digital section including info on its Digital Think Tank and new member profiles. (NARM)
- Berklee's online school has added a three course official Topspin Marketing Certification. (Topspin) This is a three-course certification program, which includes The Future of Music course that I'll be teaching in January, the new Topspin online marketing course, and Mike King's Music Marketing: Press, Promotion, Distribution, and Retail.