More New Music Industry News: Rolling Stone, Imeeem, UK Label Boss Resigns & More
A wrap up that I wrote of music industry trends, lessons and highlights from 2009 appears today on About.com: Music Careers.
- UK based Tunechecker.com from consumer champion Martin Lewis exposes large differences in music download market. (Guardian)
- Rolling Stone to open nightclubs starting next year. (press release). Just like the magazine these days, they won't be centered around music.
- Who killed Imeem? Executives blame The Orchard...(Digital Music News)
- Music Industry Inches Forward into Reality. (Huffington Post)
- UK Record Label Boss Resigns From BPI/IFPI Committees Due To Mandelson's Digital Economy Bill. (Techdirt)
- Music-lovers watching their favorite acts at live concerts are increasingly becoming targets for gangs of mobile phone thieves, British police said on Monday. (Reuters)
- Stay tuned for news coming out of the San Francisco Music Tech Summit or follow it on Twitter at #SFMusicTech.