More New Music Industry News: Ian vs. Bob, Apple Tablets, Imeem Anger, Facebook Privacy & More
- Ian Rogers: @lefsetz vs. @iancr: Mixing sincerity and marketing on Twitter. (Fistfulayen)
- A new platform for iTunes LP? Expect a spring launch of Apple's $1000 tablet. (AllThingsDigital)
- Digital music distributor WaTunes will now enable widgets from other distributors on its social music platform. Widgets from music distributors including Nimbit, TuneCore, and ReverbNation have been enabled giving artists from each service the ability to create their own profiles free and share their music on WaTunes.
- Fans are not happy with the shut down of imeem and transfer to MySpace Music. Check out the reaction on Twitter.
- Why Google's glad to dance to Vevo's tune. (CNet)
- Getting Past The 'But Artists Should Just Be Artists' Myth (TechDirt)
- Facebook Rolls Out New Privacy Settings (NY Times) The EFF also weighed in.
- Malaysian Firm Buys Friendster (You Forgot Friendster?) (Wired)
- Variety.com is going behind a pay wall...again. (paidContent)