More New Music Industry News: Amazon MP3, Live Nation. Legal P2P, m-Wise, Hello Music & More
- Is Amazon MP3 preparing for a major relaunch? A hiring spree points to an expanded service. (TechCrunch)
- Industry analysts are saying that while this summer's concert season is going to be a painful one for Live Nation, the newly merged with Ticketmaster company can bounce back. (Barron's)
- An ISP levy and legalized P2P are back on the agenda in the UK (paidContent)
- Universal Music Group has partnered with mobile content technology vendor m-Wise to provide mobile storefronts with a keyword management platform and campaign creation for the label group in in the United States. (press release)
- Mid-Year Investments Wrap: Download, Streaming Services Lead the Way. (Billboard.biz)
- Everything You Need To Refute a File-Sharing Legal Threat. (TorrentFreak)
- Direct to fan sales tool Bandcamp enhances it stats feature. (Bandcamp)
John Boyle has been named president of Hello Music. Boyle was a consultant, the original producer of the SnoCore Tour and founder of Boyle Artist Management.
- The End and the Future of Recorded Music: Lonely Life of the Digital Audiophile. (In Your Speakers)
- MIT's newly invented piezoelectric fibers can act as a speaker and microphone. (Engadget)
- Don't forget to enter our contest to win one of 5 copies of Fortune's Fool: Edgar Bronfman, Jr., Warner Music, and an
Industry in Crisis here.