More Music Industry News: WMG + Myxr, $3M To Ticketfly, EchoNest + Play.me, Bixio & More
- WMG has struck a deal with Myxyr for mobile music distribution and marketing. (press release)
- Ticketmaster alternative TicketFly has grabbed $3 million in new funding. (MediaMemo)
- The Echo Nest adds music library to developer platform with Play.me partnership. (IndieMusicTech)
- YouTube licensing talks with German right org. GEMA have broken down and all music videos may be removed. (paidContent)
- Publishing companies are getting more 2.0 by the day Have A Sync is a new tool for music licensing from Bixio Publishing Group. Music supervisors can find tracks tp fit their project by selecting genre, mood, style, amd instrumentation.
- This year's dates for the 25th annual EU festival and music convention EuroSonic Noorderslag will run from 12-15 of January in 2011. What started in the '80s as little more than a fun musical battle in De Oosterpoort between ten Belgian and ten Dutch acts, has now become one of the main platforms in the European live music industry.