More Music Industry News: VEVO iPhone App, Ticket Slump, Facebook Fans & More
- VEVO’s Location-Aware iPhone App Debuts in July (Mashable)
- High prices hit ticket sales. - Paul McCartney among stars suffering from dip in live music sales as experts say prohibitive prices threaten stadium rock. (Guardian) Lilith Fair is canceling gigs in West Palm Beach, Tampa, Birmingham, Houston and Dallas due to poor ticket sales.
- Lady Gaga and Barck Obama race to become the first person with 10 million Facebook fans. (CNet)
- Musicians – This Is How You Create A Great Looking Facebook Page. (TechCrunch)
- An interview with Jakob Lusensky, CEO of music and brands agency Heartbeats International. (Music Void) Heartbeats produced the fabulous Manual - a free guide to attracting brands to your music.
- Artist management and marketing firm The Artist Farm is launching an Advisor service. 10 bands will receive a hands on combination of business/life coaching and music business mentoring. The service is targeted toward bands that do not yet have managers but do have some level of success. More info here.
- REWIND: The Music Industry's Week In Review