More Music Industry News: UMG Says No EMI, 1B Gaga Views, 91% Use Cells, Swaptree & More
- Universal is not eying a bid for EMI. (FMQB)
- Lady Gaga's viral videos have passed 1 billion views. (TechCrunch)
- Wireless survey: 91% of Americans use cell phones. (ars, free pdf of survey)
- AT&T has a new music app that combines its most popular mobile music services - song and album downloads, streaming radio, song match, lyric search and an enhanced music player - into a single, cohesive experience for AT&T mobile phones.
- Thumbplay will leverage Amazon Mobile Payments Service in its new cloud-based Thumbplay Music service. It will be available on smartphones and computers within the first half of 2010.
- Indie record label Sunset is launching a merchandise company offering officially licensed product and band merchandise of new artists alongside established acts. (Mi2N)
- Swaptree, an online, service that allows users to trade books, CDs, DVDs, and video games, has raised $4.7 million in a round of venture capital, according to a regulatory filing. (DMW)