More Music Industry News: Twones, MySpace Stream, Watunes, Jay-Z, TuneCore & More
- Watch for Amsterdam based Twones to launch a new tool bar Wednesday that allows you to listen to, playlist and scrobble music from across the net. I took a demo on Friday and it's sweet.
- MySpace has quietly launched an activity and content stream, which they are calling “Stream.” The new feature shows a lot more content, including things like music your friends are listening to on MySpace Music, video they’re watching, links they are adding, etc. (TechCrunch)
- Digital distributor WaTunes has added its own Marketplace where its distributed indie product sells alongside major label tracks.
- Jay-Z: 'Music labels must streamline to survive' (BBC)
- TuneCore has added ringtone distribution to iTunes.
- Bitspace: cloud hosting for your music. (IndieMusicTech)
- OK Go to launch new embeddable video for This Too Shall Pass. (Music Ally)