More Music Industry News: RIAA vs. LimeWire Showdown, Rdio Disses Indie Labels, Audioboo, Jewel, MOG, LiveWire & More
RIAA, LimeWire to meet in courtroom showdown today. (CNet's Media Maverick)
- As MySpace and others have dine previously, new music in the cloud service Rdio, founded by the pair who brought us Kazaa and Skype, offered the majors equity, but made no such offer to the indies.(Register) This explains the major gaps in the Rdio's catalog. That's a real mistake since it's the music-heads that are early adopters and too bad, since Rdio has some interesting social and music discovery features.
- Jewel to stream interactive concert to movie theatres via Screenvision. (Variety)
- MOG.com adds Sony artist sites to it's blog ad network. (Paidcontent)
- Audioboo, which some musicians like @RogerMcGuinn have already been using for tweet-like audio messages from the road has closed its first funding round. (TechCrunch Europe)
- LiveWire Mobile, a proivder of ringback, mobile music and managed personalization services, today announced two key personnel appointments. The company named Dean Foulis as its chief technology officer and promoted Adam Thibault to vice president of sales. (press release)
- To be certain that you didn't miss anything important last week, be sure to read REWIND: Hypebot's Music Industry Week In Review.