More Music Industry News: Pandora vs. Spotify, Missing Music Buyers, Earnings Calls & More
I've been having a great (and hectic) week. Did a national NPR interview with Laura Sydell. I'll let you know when it runs. Also saw some great live music - Dave Alvin and two of his Guilty Women. I can't believe I've never seen the ex-Blaster before. Catch him if you can. Tonight, it's Ruthie Foster. Seems like Roanoke, VA really is becoming a music city.
- Pandora spurs music sales; Spotify not so much. (CNet)
- Missing: 24 million music buyers. (Music Ally)
- The Orchard adds UK legends Jethro Tull, Cornershop, and Boy George. (press release)
- Live Nation Entertainment, the company formed after concert promoter Live Nation merged with ticketing giant Ticketmaster Entertainment Inc. last month, reports its first post merger quarterly earnings today (Thursday) after the market closes. Hypebot will have details.
- The Electronic Frontier Foundation has "Practical Advice for Music Bloggers Worried About DMCA Takedown Censorship". (EFF)
- Ex-MTVN, Six Apart Execs Wolf And Dash Pair Up (paidContent)
- ReverbNation Adds Some RtB To Its CwF Platform (Techdirt)