More Music Industry News: News Corp. Discussions With Google Inc. & Simson Leaves Sound Exchange
- News Corp. is in discussions with Google Inc., Microsoft Corp. and Yahoo Inc. about replacing MySpace's crucial search-advertising partnership with Google... (Wall Street Journal)
- How Canadian rockers Arcade Fire maintain DIY mystique. (Yahoo)
- Glenn Peoples: 5 Hot Digital Music Companies to Watch (Billboard)
- Apple mining iTunes account histories for iAd targeting. (Music Ally)
- The Music Industry's Funny Money: Still think a music career is an easy path to a blinged-out life? Don't believe the hype. (The Root)
- John Simson, the Executive Director of SoundExchange has announced his departure from the organization. (RBR)
- Venzo Digital has announced the launch of the direct-to-iTunes service Venzo Music.
- Digital distributor finetunes has expanded its team with the appointment of Ray Farrell as new U.S. representative.
- 5 Social Media trends that you should be watching. (Mashable)
- Feeding Pirates: When legit companies advertise on shady sites (NPR)
- How to Get Other Musicians to Promote Your Music (Music Marketing)
- Apple responds on iTunes fraud, vaguely confirms said fraud. (Engaget)
- Amid sales slump, artists are finding 'more ways to monetize music.' (USA TODAY)