More Music Industry News: MySpace Opens API, Warners Wins, Foursquare, NY Scalping & More
Sorry for the latest today. Computer issues....
- MySpace is opening its API to iPhone and Android developers as part of plan to boost traffic. (paidContent)
- Warner/Chappell Music took home BMI’s ‘Publisher of the Year’ award at this year’s 58th Annual Pop Awards held last night in Los Angeles. In addition, Warner/Chappell songwriters were recognized with BMI Pop Awards for writing 12 of the most successful songs of 2009.
- Do you Foursquare? The location based service is now adding 15,000 users per day. (Mashable)
- Facebook privacy coming to a head, changes may be imminent. (ars)
- New York's Ticket Scalping Law to Lapse as Albany Debates a New Provision (NY Times via Billboard)
- From SF Tech: Record Labels Suing Everything Good Into Oblivion (SF Weekly)
- BMI's DIY Guide to Submitting Your Songs to Anyone in the Music Industry (BMI)