More Music Industry News: Moew EMI Woes, Groovesharl Bites Back, Facebook Adds Places, Coldplay to UMG, YouTube Charts & More
- EMI's future may depend on investors stumping up cash. Loan covenants could be breached next March and they may also have to make good a pension deficit. (Guardian) And be sure to check out the 3 things Forrester analyst Mark Mulligan had to say to EMI and all the other majors. (Hypebot)
- EMI and lender CitiGroup are eyeing settlement talks. (FMQB)
- Grooveshark is crying foul over Apple ulling its iPhone app down based on a request from UMG:. “We completely, 100% adhere to the DMCA takedown procedures. If you send us notice, we’ll take stuff down within 24 hours. The funny thing about UMG, they have never once issued us a notice to take down their content." Sorry Grooveshark, I love your service and UMG should cut a deal with you today, but sans a deal do you really belive its OK to stream their content?
- Facebook adds Places - geolocation, check-ins to iPhone and Web apps. (ars) Here's Mashables Guide To Facebook Places. And Techcrunch explains how Facebook partnered with Fouraquare and Gowalla on the service.
- Coldplay leaves EMO and signs a big fat deal with Universal. (Sun)
- You Tube adds chart to rank the web's top videos. (YouTube)
- Futurist Gerd Leonhard on the future of music. (Music Network)
- NME's 50 Top New Bands Of 2010. (NME)
- Nokia’s Mirabella Named NARM Board Vice Chair (NARM)