More Music Industry News: LimeWire, iTunes Grows, Facebook Fan Wars, Harmonix & More
- RIAA to LimeWire judge: "Stand firm on wording" and takes aim at the EFF. (CNet)
- Apple's iTunes lead increasing, now selling 26.7% of US music. (Apple Insider)
- Which musicians have the most fans on their Facebook pages? (Fan Page List) As you work your way down the chart there are actually a few surprises.
- Harmonix Reports Early Success For Rock Band Network. (Billboard)
- Merlin has scored another deal for the indies that it represents. Look for a Monday announcement.
- Facebook and MySpace have reportedly been sharing private data with advertisers: (They) "and several other social-networking sites have been sending data to advertising companies that could be used to find consumers' names and other personal details, despite promises they don't share such information without consent." (WSJ)
- WORTHY READING: "Music Is Not Our Currency" (Creative Deconstruction)