More Music Industry News: Last.fm Outsources Streaming, MySpace Subscription, Twitter Ads & More
- Last.FM’s outsources music streaming to Spotify, MOG, The Hype Machine, We7 and VEVO.(Mashable, Mark Mulligan, Last.fm)
- MySpace may launch subscription music service this year. (Music Ally)
- Spotify is getting slammed by songwriters. - A songwriters' association has criticized the Spotify streaming service over 'tiny' payments to musicians. (Guardian)
- Twitter adds search ads. (CNet)
- A great overview of Britain's new Digital Economy (aka anti-piracy) bill. (here) And don't miss Hypebot's op-ed on this important piece of legislation.
- Google is planning it's own iPad competitor (NY Times) and here's a first l0ok at what HP is planning for an iPad killer.
- Music Tank's Sam Shemtob on "How Do You Solve A Problem Like Pre-Release?" (MidemNet)
- The Huffington Post is expanding into the arts. (paidContent)
- CD Baby artists can make money on MySpace Music. (CD Baby)
- Facebook May Be About To Jump Into The Virtual Currency Offers Game (TechCrunch)