More Music Industry News: Lala’s Death, RIAA Misses Shift, Orchard Nashville, NZ Pirates & More
- Has Apple killed off indie music service Lala.com? (ZDNet)
- The RIAA and MPAA Have Failed To Understand A Cultural Shift (TECHi)
- Recent figures showing a slump in digital sales are misleading according to Jay Frank of FutureHit.dna
- Digital distributor The Orchard has opened a new office on Nashville’s Music Row. (press release)
- EMI Music Publishing has named Ben Vaughn as Executive Vice President and General Manager of EMI Music Publishing Nashville. He replaces Gary Overton, who is leaving the company after fifteen years to become CEO of Sony Music Nashville.
- HOW TO: Target Social Media Influencers to Boost Traffic and Sales.Not specifically about music, but a worthy read. (Mashable)
- New Zealand Music Fans Urged To Inform On