More Music Industry News: Global Piracy Deal, RNS Cleared, Jonathan Coulton, Thumbplay & More
- EU to seek publication of a global anti-piracy deal. (AP)
- Jury Clears Members of Notorious Music Piracy Group - Two members of the Scene release group “Rabid Neurosis” (RNS) have been found not guilty on charges of conspiracy to commit copyright infringement. The case, which emphasized the group’s role in making albums available before the official release date, was the result of a major music piracy investigation in the US. (TorrentFreak)
- Staggered music releases: time to close the window. - The music industry is finally reassessing the custom of servicing songs to radio months before the record is legally available to download in a bid to combat piracy. (Guardian)
- Jonathan Coulton to create music for Portal 2. (ars)
- Thumbplay Music enters public beta on Blackberry.
- Will DJ's trade laptops for iPads? (CNet)
- Taylor Swift to receive NARM's Artist Of The Year Award.