More Music Industry News: Facebook Video, Grooveshark, Net Radio Rankings & More
- Mobile uploads are driving strong Facebook video growth. (NY Times)
- Juniper Networks will help build Grooveshark's online digital music service using hybrid cloud-based infrastructure on Juniper's "new network" which the company says is capable of scaling to meet the growing desire for on-demand music services. (press release)
- Recording artists and radio stations fight over royalties, air play and spin. (Plain Dealer)
- GETMO Arabia and Zain will partner to provide digital music aggregation services to 35 million Zain customers across seven countries in the Middle East. (press release)
- Top 5 Songs: Wired.com’s Crowdsourced Music Experiment Rocks (Epicenter)
- Check out the new BuyWidget in Hypebot's sidebar. This one's a paid placement, but they are completely customizable for any blog or web site. Learn more here.
- New internet radio rankings out: In March, Pandora was ranked #1 based on Domestic Ranker based on AAS for the week, followed by CBS Radio, Clear Channel, Citadel and Entercom. Looking at All Streams Ranker based on AAS for the work week, CBS was #1 in March. Digitally Imported was second, followed by 977Music.com, 1.FM and Entercom. (FMQB)
- Did you miss anything last week? Catch up with REWIND: The Music Industry's Week In Review.