More Music Industry News: EMI’s Future, SoundHound, Seeqpod, Another Blog-Label, PlayMPE Hacked & More
- New EMI Music chairman Charles Allen is believed to have pulled back from suggesting sales of parts of the group in the strategic plan he has just submitted to financier Guy Hands, who runs parent company Terra Firma. (ThisIsMoney)
- SoundHound, has launched a limited free version of its popular music search mobile app for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. The app can identify recorded music as well as songs users sing or hum. (press release)
- Bloson.com, a portal that converts everyday social activities into financial aid for charitable causes, has purchased the remaining assets of SeeqPod. (press release)
- Popular music blog MyOldKentuckyBlog has gotten a major face lift and started a record label. (MetroMix)
- Digital distributor IODA is delivering a first-ever Amazon MP3 global exclusive with Kris Kristofferson's new album made up of early publishing demos. (press release)
- Music distribution system PlayMPE, used by many record labels was hacked last week. (AbsolutePunk)
- HYPEBOT ADS - You may have noticed that the Google provided ads that ran under the first post are gone as part of our ongoing redesign. We're also about to increase our ad rates including a number of new ad positions. To lock in at the current rates or if you are interested in some of our new advertising and sponsorship opportunities, contact us now.