More Music Industry News: Eminem Scores, UMG Promotes, HMV, c/o pop, SNEP & More
Eminem scores the highest debut of 2010 with and impressive 741,400 albums sold. (FMQB)
- Richard Mollet - who currently serves as public affairs director at the UK recorded music business group BPI - has been picked as the new CEO of the UK's Publishers Association. (MediaBistro)
- Randy Malinoff has been appointed to VP, Direct-to-Consumer eCommerce for Universal Music Group Distribution.
- Universal Music Publishing Group has promoted Cyndi Forman to Senior Creative Director, Nashville. She was Creative Director.
- HMV results sound good – but what about the VAT? The company's web sales exploit a controversial tax loophole that costs the Treasury more than £110m a year. (Guardian)
- c/o pop 2010 is over. Organizers expressed satisfaction with 1,400 industry attendees at the C’n’B Convention and 30,000 fans at the festival.
- SNEP, which represents the recording industry in France, has elected Denis Ladegaillerie, founder and president of the firm Digital Believe, as its president for the next two years. Olivier Montfort, president of EMI Music France, was elected vice president.
- R.I.P. - Tom Ruffino who headed the International Department at Warner Bros. Records for thirty years died at Los Robles Hospital in Thousand Oaks, CA on June 25 at the age of 70.
Leave a Reply