More Music Industry News: EMI Updates, INgrooves + VEVO, Muziic, BT Digital Nominations & More
- An interview with new EMI CEO Roger Faxon on his plans for the label and publishing group.(Billboard)
- What EMI's Repositioning Means. (Forrester's Mark Mulligan)
- Digital distributor INgrooves has signed on to make its indie label partner's top videos available through VEVO. Universal, Sony and EMI already use the VEVO platform to deliver and monetize video content across the web.
- Muziic Has Streamed 250 Million Music Videos To Date, But Will It Last? (TechCrunch) This self-funded father/son starup will continue to thrive if the major rights holders have the sense to leave it alone.
- Thom Yorke is wrong to write off the music industry. - The Radiohead frontman has advised aspiring musicians to steer clear of major labels. But an evolving industry may still have a role to play in helping artists – even Yorke. (Guardian)
- Nominations are open for the UK's annual BT Digital Music Awards in 10 categories ranging from best artists, to marketing to apps. (BT)
- The Harry Fox Agency has entered into a ringtone licensing agreement with U.S. ringtone provider Zed for the HFA catolog.
- Find Your Musical Soulmate with a New Dating Site (Mashable)
- Music Piracy Arrives on the Phone Via Google's Android. (PC Magazine)
- Microsoft to Boost Bing's Music, TV, Movies, Game Search (PC World)