More Music Industry News: Digital Buying Spree, Midem, iTunes May Raise Quality & More
- Digital distributor Consolidated Independent and RoyaltyShare have formed a strategic alliance. (press release)
- Digital music companies are in a buying spree. (The National)
- MIDEM has launched a free iPhone app just in time for this weekend's start of the international music gathering. (download here) The MIDEM website will also evolve as the show develops adding videos, live blogs and Twitter conversations via #MIDEM. Hypebot coverage begins this Thursday.
- STRONG RUMOR: Apple is in talks with labels about selling higher quality downloads, perhaps at a higher price.
- K'naan & Mos Def First 'Acceptable' Rappers For Austin City Limits (NPR)
- Courts to rule on fan generated music videos. (Reuters)
- Is the music industry broken? If so, what needs to be fixed first? (MidemNet)
- My first ReverbNation street team mission. (MusicThinkTank)