More Music Industry News: Country Touring, SongVote, TuneSat, Believe, Sara Bareilles & More
- From the Billboard Country Summit - Country touring as strong as ever, but labels are not building new stars. (Billboard.biz)
- SongVote.com is a new collaborative playlist tool that gives users the ability to start theme-based playlists and invite friends to participate. It functions like an open election for crowd-sourced jams. (press release)
- Universal Music Group Publishing has hired TuneSat to do television royalty monitoring.
- Digital music distributor Believe Digital has opened its first UK office since launching in France in 2004. (MusicWeek)
- Jay Frank shares an interesting story about Sara Bareilles, the perils of marketing music and how serendipity can sometimes be a beautiful thing. (FutureHit.DNA)