More Music Industry News: Buying Fans, Second Lie Layoffs, Bing Gets Social, bigMETHOD & More
- Is there any point in 'buying' your fans? - Companies are preying on desperate musicians by selling them Twitter followers, Facebook fans and even download sales. But only a fool would think this is real success ... (Guardian)
- Second Life parent Linden Labs is laying off 30% of it's team. (AppScout) Despite new music related activity overall traffic is down.
- Judge may dismiss 4,576 of 4,577 P2P defendants from lawsuit. (ars)
- Bing gets social with Facebook and Twitter. (CNet)
- Strict enforcement of copyrights jeopardizing live music in small venues. (Boston Globe)
- bigMETHOD is celebrating 4 years of helping artists and labels rock social networking.
- Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship and Hot Tuna Announce Partnership with Wolfgang's Vault. (press release)
- The Musician's Guide To The 360 Record Deal. (Music Think Tank)
- Bonnaroo spreads the festival experience online. (AP)
WORTHY CLICK: Syntonetic has released a new version of the Moodagent mobile app for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Moodagent v2.0 allows listeners to share playlists via social web sites including Facebook and Twitter, and allows for more control over the playlist. Moodagent creates mood-based playlists using Sliders labeled Sensual, Tender, Happy, Angry, and Tempo or by “seeding” a song for playlist of tracks with similar a mood.