More Music Industry News: Axel vs. Azoff, Facebook Rules, Ultimate Guitar, Cash For Culture & More
- Iriving Azoff's Front Line Management claims Guns N' Roses frontman Axel Rose owes $1.87 million in unpaid fees and is taking him to court. (MTV.com)
- Facebook tightens developer rules for publishing into user streams. (VentureBeat)
- Protecting The Art Of The Album - How Pink Floyd may have saved the LP from digital extinction. (Epoch Times)
- Seattle's classical music station will become listener-supported. (Seattle PI)
- Ultimate Guitar has launched a mobile app that lets musicians access its database of over 300,000 guitar and base tabs from an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. While the app is "launching" today, it's actually been on the iTunes App Store for a week and is already #1 among paid music downloads and in the top 50 overall. #2 seller is "Whiter Shade of Pale".
- Cash for culture can boost UK economy, says arts alliance. Cultural Capital arts manifesto calls for a small but 'crucial' public investment. (Guardian)
- WORTHY CLICK: Musician and music industry networking site Musicolio.com. It's smartly organized both by category and location.