More Music Biz News: Vevo Appp Hits 1M, Kanye Kills Music Mags, H.264 Stays Free, Disopra, F*ck You & More
- Since it’s debut last week, the VEVO mobile iPhone and iPod Touch app has delivered over 1 million downloads and is ranked the #1 Free App and #1 Music App in the iTunes store.
- How Kanye West's Twitter (and a Slate "interview") Killed Music Magazines. (Village Voice)
- Free All Video: The group that licenses patents for the widely used H.264 video encoding and streaming technology has committed to charge no royalties ever for use by Web sites that use it for freely available video.(DeepTech)
- Open souce Facebook competitor Diaspora will launch September 15th. (Diaspora) I'm thinking that we all need to sign up just be supportive. What do you think?
- Cee-Lo’s “F*ck You” (now over 3 million YouTube plays) Ain’t Got Nothing On Gaga’s “Telephone” (TechCrunch)
More Music Industry News & Commentary:
- Clear Channel Radio's digital head Evan Harrison will be leaving the company at the end of 2010 after a successful six year run moving the broadcast giant into the digital age.(Billboard)
- Music tech guru says Web is not the enemy. (cnet)
- Dear, John Mellencamp: Here's 5 inventions more dangerous than the Internet. (Westword)
- The Music Industry's New Model: Where Is It? (HuffPost)
- Joel Tenenbaum To Appeal 90% Reduced File-Sharing Penalty. (TorrentFreak)
- Virgin Mobile launches 'unlimited' data plan (with some limits?) (WP)
- Mike Masnick riffs on Brian Hazard's MTT Post. Another Reason To Buy: A Unique CD For Fans That No One Else Will Get. (TechDirt)
- MediaNet, a white labe; provider of music and other digital entertainment, has added a full-featured music recommendation engine for its affiliates via an open API. (press release)
- Help Wanted: Atlantic Records is hiring a web developer.