More Industry News: we7 Adds News, Fans Bypass Prince, HFA Adds Streams, Lycett To RCA & More
- UK based ad supported music service we7 and radio station owner GMG Radio have partnered to
offer real-time breaking news inside it's streaming music package. Watch out radio!
- Fans Bypass Prince, Distribute New 20Ten Album Online.. (ZeroPaid) It's everywhere... which may be exactly what Price wanted.
- The Harry Fox Agency's Songfile online licensing service now also offers interactive streams licensing. Customers who wish to stream cover songs on their websites will be able to obtain licenses for these streams for $.01 per stream. Licenses are available from 100 to 10,000 streams per song.
- Sony Music has appointed Charlie Lycett as Managing Director RCA Label Group UK and acquired a stake in his Lucid Group. (press release)
- Susan Boyle announces plans to dominate talent-competition industry. (NYMag)
- Trying to Find The Right Beat: A review of Fortune's Fool. (WSJ)
- For tours, 2010 has been a tough sell. (NYTimes)
- Sonos has added Wolfgang’s Vault and its collection of live concert recordings, to the subscription offerings on its wireless multi-room music systems. A free 30-day trial to Wolfgang’s Vault is available to Sonos customers.
- The End and the Future of Recorded Music: Lonely Life of the Digital Audiophile. (InYourSpeakers)
- Late-Blooming Bands & the Future of… Dad Rock? (FMC)