So what are you? A Geek or a Nerd?
Having worked in music and technology for over 15 years this conversation has come up more times than I can count. When it does arise it's a hilarious bit of banter. People can get so heated claiming to be one and, in no way, would they ever consider themselves as the other. If you do make that mistake though you better be ready to do battle like these guys because them fightin' words!
That said, all signs point to me being a Geek. Whew! In my (mac power) book that's way better than being a nerd.
Here's a great infographic to help you decide your fate. Feel free to comment below if you'd like to defend your brainy existence.
- Someone with a specifc niche interest/lifestyle that they have become the expert on
- A fan of gadgets
- An early adopter
- A Mac
- Wears ironic t-shirts
- Can be pretentious and longwinded
- Knowledge can range from mundane to "living encyclopedia" status
- Interests might include gaming, film (both artsy and anything Will Ferrel stars in), collecting, gadgets/tech, computing, coding, hacking, techno music, screen printing, etc.
- Extreme interest or fascination with academics
- Socially Inept
- Diverse and sometimes impractical skillets due to broad interests in games, movies, science, computers, etc.
- A PC
- Interest might include: Battlestar Galactica (BSG), LARPing, SecondLife, Physics, Chess, Fantasy/Sci-Fi, Computer programming