Fast Company Names 10 Most Innovative Music Companies of 2010
Fast Company business magazine has named its Most Innovative Companies Of 2010 including 10 in music.
- Spotify - North America is still waiting.
- Apple Corps - The Beatles, not Steve Jobs.
- Man Made Music - Joel Beckerman connecting sounds with brands.
- Vevo - Fast Company says, "Vevo is on its way to becoming the Hulu of music videos."
- Antares Audio Technologies - The Auto-Tune folks.
- Third Man Records - The Jack White empire.
- Beats by Dr. Dre - The partnership between Monster, Interscope Geffen A&M Records chairman Jimmy Iovine, and Dr. Dre made giant studio-quality headphones a fashion accessory.
- Ticketfly - The concert ticket service uses software pioneered in the hedge-fund industry to let groups of friends buy tickets together.
- Insomniac Productions - Electric Daisy Carnival annual electronica festival in L.A. that grew to 135,000 in 2009.
- Playdar - This open-source app looks for tracks on the Web and the users hard drives and pulls them together in a single jukebox.
What do you think of the Fast Company list?