AN NEWS: iTunes Chief Promoted, Sony’s Droid Walkman, Shazam Pivots, Music+TV, Dr. Luke & More
iTunes Chief Promoted: Eddy Cue, the Apple executive who has run iTunes since its inception, and is the company’s primary ambassador to the music industry, has been promoted to senior vice president, Internet software and services. (NY Times)
- Sony Shows off Android Walkman prototype. (OD)
- How Shazam pivoted to help US television broadcasters. (Wired UK)
- Mitch Glazier, Senior Executive Vice President of Recording Industry Association of America opines on how music is positively affecting TV ratings. (The Coment)
- Why Music Producer Dr. Luke Sues People Who Claim He Copies Songs. - Behind hit songs by Britney Spears and Katy Perry, the producer - who recently resolved a defamation lawsuit by the Bellamy Brothers - provokes discussion about whether he takes his inspiration too far, so what’s really behind the music? (Hollywood Reporter)
- One indie artist gets their own music pulled of YouTube by Sony. (YouTube)
- Norah Jones has parted ways with her longtime management company Macklam Feldman and is joining Silva Artist Management, which counts Foo Fighters, Ryan Adams, Beastie Boys and Beck among its clients.