AM News: UMG Watermarks Files, Google+ Games, MySpace Goes Down, CashMusic Retools & More
UMG Watermarks Audiophile Files, Pisses Off Paying Customers (Techdirt) "When will they ever learn, when will they ever learn..."
- Google+ gets games, but game-haters don't have to see them (ars) It's another battleground in Google's war with Facebook. Google takes 5% from game sales, Facebook grabs 30%.
- MySpace was down for several hours last night, but rumors of hacking proved unfounded. (CNet) plus Myspace: A Cautionary Tale or Just a Basic Belly Flop? (AllThingsD)
- CashMusic.org is testing new features as part of its expanding platform of free direct to fan tools for musicians.
- EMI Classics decapitated – again (Slipped Disc)
- How the Pias fire affects labels, artists and record stores. (Guardian)
- Warner Music employee says: "Cut Big International Salaries First" (Metronome)
- Creating a Digital Copyright Exchange will be hard, but it has to be done. (Wired UK)
- Q&A: Incoming Recording Industry Chief Sherman Targets Piracy (AM Law )
Leave a Reply