AM NEWS: Steve Jobs, Blackberry Music, CashMusic + Mozilla, SoundHound + Spotify, Pandora $’s & More
Steve Jobs has stepped down as CEO of Apple, but will remain Chairmen. Tom Cook becomes CEO. Here's the official press release and the full text of Jobs' letter of resignation.
- Blackberry has launched its BBM Music Service.
- Non-profit musician tool creator CashMusic.org is getting support from Mozilla's new WebFWD program to encourage an open-source web.
- Music Search Startup SoundHound Partners With Spotify For Instant Streaming (TechCrunch)
- Pandora will hold its first earning call since the IPO today (Thursday) after the close of the market at 2:00 PM (PT) / 5:00 PM (ET). Listen live audiocast here or call (877) 355-0067 or (443) 853-1239. According to Billboard's Glenn Peoples, investors listen for: revenue growth, user stas and ad mix.
- Memolane is linking with SoundCloud to create personalized soundtracks for users of its social media aggregation tool that creates a timeline of memories with content from platforms including YouTube, Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare and Last.fm.
- EMI Doesn't Pay Royalties, Or It Does, But To The Wrong People, Or It Doesn't, Or Maybe It Does... (Techdirt)
- Rachael Yamagata’s New Album Cover Created on the iPhone (Mashable)
Leave a Reply