AM NEWS: Soundcloud To U.S., Bug Bought But CEO Sues, Orchard Marketplace, BAMM.tv & More
- Soundcloud is opening its first U.S. office in San Francisco.
- Bug Music went to BMG for $300 million. (NYT) But CEO John Rudolph Is suing the current owners saying he was cheated him out of his rightful share of company stock. (CNS)
- The Orchard has opened its API and formed The Orchard Marketplace allowing service providers to connect directly to the content of its distribution clients. Launch partners include Fanbridge, Moontoast, SoundCloud, BandRx, Dropcards and Mobile Backstage.
- Taking Bets On The Cloud - Handicapping the odds on dominance of iCloud, Google Music, Spotify and more. (Prefix)
- Facebook is testing a new feature that lets users group email notifications into summary emails.
- BAMM.tv unveiled a turnkey digital music video service that provides free live performance video production, global distribution and payments for emerging bands and musicians.