AM NEWS: Pandora Rises, RCRD LBL To iPhone, Classical Streaming, Don Henley, Steve Jobs & More
Pandora stock rose about 4% this morning after yesterday's favorable earnings report. Listener hours are exploding, with Pandora now representing 3.6% of all radio listening hours in U.S.
- The RCRD LBL app has launched a free app for the iPhone & iPod Touch. Its the first app to offer a daily push of new music for streaming and download.
- Classical Music Streaming’s Fitful Baby Steps (NY Times)
- Jay-Z & Kanye Accused Of Infringement... On Album They Worked So Hard To Stop From Leaking (Techdirt)
- Mark Mulligan on Agile Music: Music Formats and Artist Creativity In The Age of Media Mass Customization.
- Eagles singer Don Henley: EFF, Google "aid and abet" criminals (USA TODAY Op Ed)
- How Steve Jobs Changed The Way We Listen (NPR Music)
- A dwindling Musicians Union Trust is putting an end to free concerts around the country. (The Record)
Leave a Reply