AM NEWS: Mixed Media VMAs, UMG CEO Interview, Profits At Pandora & Spotify?, NARM Revival & More
Mixed Media @ MTV VMAs: Last night's Video Music Awards were enhanced by a second screen on a variety of platforms and included multiple angles of the red carpet, backstage, paparazzi and the green room .(Mashable) Social media also played a major role. (AllThingsD).
- Lucian Grainge's frist major interview since becoming Chairman and CEO of Universal Music Group. (NY Post)
- One analyst believe that Pandora could be profitable by 2012. (MocoNews)
- Spotify nears 2 million paid users and profitability. (Hypebot)
- The revival of music industry trade group NARM. (CNet)
- Sales of cars with Internet radio will rise to 24 million units in 2018, up from 168,000 in 2010, according to IHS, with the U.S. leading the pack. U.S. sales will grow to more than 10.9 million units in 2018, from 149,000 in 2010.
- A look at the rise of powerful independent talent scouts. (NY Post)
- Best Old Website For New Music: Parsing Pitchfork's 15th Birthday. (Daily Storm)