AM NEWS: iTunes Match Details, Galaxie Music Streams, Onesheet Upgrades, Rdio At Target & More
iTunes Match has launched for developers and while its wasn't clear during the June announcement it does include streaming from the iCloud. Details and a video tour here.
- RIAA's Nightmare Continues: A PirateBay founder has launched a Dropbox style digital storage locker service called BayFiles.
- Galaxie Mobile has launched as the first Canadian-owned commercial-free mobile streaming service with 45 channels. (Montreal Gazette)
- Web site alternative Onesheet has added email capture exportable via CSV to any email service, in additon to direct export to FanBridge and ReverbNation. More services and features are rolling out weekly.
- How Facebook Will Save The Music Industry. (BI)
- Technology is infringing on music - Invite smartphones and iPads into the music hall? That overlooks the point that a concert is a chance to untie the digital umbilical cord and replace it with chords that resonate. (LA Times)
- Rdio is now selling gift cards at Target.
- Universal Music Group has promoted Andrew Kronfeld to the new position of President, Global Marketing. Kronfeld was EVP of International Marketing.