AM News Brief: Qtrax Live In US, Change At FCC, Topspin, Foursquare, FanTrail, Mike King & More
- Qtrax is now live in the U.S. with its ad supported music service thanks to short term deals with 3 of the 4 major labels. Argentina, Chile and Columbia launched today, as well. Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Fiji went up yesterday and more territories are expected.
- Julius Genachowski era may end soon at the FCC as he's reportedly being eyed as U.S. Commerse Secretary. (The Hill)
- Just ahead of next week's relaunch Topspin is starting a live weekly webcast Q&A this Friday at 11AM PT. Watch for a big SXSW presence as well.
- Foursquare Unveils New Features. What They Mean For Music (Billboard)
- FanTrail - We'll be writing more about this free app creator for bands, but until then Mashable gives it a glowing review.
- Online Music Services Compete For Small Pool Of Investment Capital (NPR)
- Mike King's Got a Lot to Teach: An Online Music Marketing Guru (Q&A on HuffPo)
- Unsigned music discovery blog TALENTfilter is back in action.
- As we tipped earlier this week, DIY Media has launched a DIY Music Platform. This newest entry in the direct to fan sweepstakes promises a social commerce platform with "tools to extend reach, conversion and monetization for music sales".