AM BRIEF: UMG + EMI?, New Sony Breach, MTV O’s Take Shape, 1M Kickstarters, Grooveshark & More
Rumors have Universal Music, owned by Vivendi, as the front runner for at least EMI’s recorded music division. We should know more soon.
- Sony has suffered another PSN breach, This time 93,000+ accounts wer compromised, according to the company.
- MTV's O Music Awards will feature a Tribute to Steve Jobs and a turntable.fm dance party. BTW The O's have launched a very RSS worthy music/tech/celebrity blog anchored by ex-Mashable writer Brenna Ehrlich.
- Kickstarter just celebrated its 1 millionth backer of a fan funded project. This in a sector that barely existed 3 years ago...
- Grooveshark has added DashGo and NuGroove Records to its list of licensed labels.
- Spotify has launched in Denmark.
- Mel Lewinter has been named EVP Label Strategy at Sony Music.
- @1000TimesYes founder Christopher R. Weingarten has joined Spin.com as senior editor.