AM BRIEF: Midem Shift Explained. Shazam Goes Free, Gaga Loses Domain Fight, Rhapsody & More
- New conference head Bruno Crolot: "Why midem had to change."
- Shazam has stopped charging for unlimited song ID on iOS and Android (evolver.fm)
- Lady Gaga Tries To Seize Fan Domain... But Fails (Hollywood Reporter, Techdirt)
- Facebook's Big HTML5 Mobile Project Will Launch Next Week (BI)
- UMG's Island Def Jam is partnering with A&R exec and producer Breyon Prescott (Jamie Foxx, Angie Stone, Brandy) to bring his Chameleon Entertainment into the fold. Prescott will also serve as an exclusive A&R consultant.
- Jamcast Enables On-Demand Digital Audio Streaming to Android Devices. (press release)
- Rhapsody: Life in a Spotify world. - It pioneered the streaming music subscription ten years ago as an antidote to illegal downloads. Now that record companies and consumers have embraced its model, it's having a hard time staying in the spotlight. (Fortune)
Leave a Reply