AM BRIEF: iTunes + Starbucks, Apple Stats, EMI Bids Short, Rhapsody’s Plans, HMV – 7Digital & More
(UPDATED) Starbucks is teaming up with Apple to launch a digital initiative called 'Pick of the Week', which will offer Starbucks customers a free selected iTunes music track or book to download (Marketing)
- New Apple Stats: 4M + iPhone4S sold in the first weekend. 25 million using IOS5, 20 million sign up for iCloud. No exact date yet on iTunes Music Match.
- Bids to Buy Citigroup’s EMI Group Are Said to Fall Short of Expectations. (NY Times)
- Rhapsody's Plan To Get Millions Of New Users Without Giving Away Free Music. (Business Insider)
- HMV Accelerates Break-Up. Reportedly selling shares of 7 Digital. (Sky)
- 5 Reasons Google's Music Store Will Fail (Motley Fool).
- Grooveshark Responds To King Crimson Complaints. Prefix spoke with SVP Paul Geller.
- Check out the SJ Mercury News article by Mike Swift on Facebook's digital music partnerships. And thanks to Mike for including me in the discussion.
- Brent Mulligan on Why artists should use Instagram.
Leave a Reply