AM BRIEF: Flowd Launches, Restorm, VoxPop, Onesheet, Happy 20th Warner/Chappell & More
(UPDATED) Flowd launches in the US as a social network for music. The free service enables musicians to engage directly with fans by building a customized community on its mobile platform. Here's a video of how one band is using Flowd. We'll explore Flowd in a future post, but what do you think?
- ONE TO WATCH: Joichi "Joi“ Ito, chairman of the Creative Commons board of directors and executive director of the MIT Media Lab joins the advisory board of restorm.com, a promising open licensing platform set to launch in the fourth quarter.
- Ex-Hello Music president John Boyle has joined the advisory board of VoxPop Worldwide. Vox Pop is a digital distributor and new media technology holding company chaired by former WMG and Virgin exec Phil Quartararo.
- Onesheet has added a new often requested feature - more control of the tracks pulled from Bandcamp, Soundcloud and Mixcloud. When users choose what media player they'd like to display, they have an option of adding a URL to a specific set or album.
- IODA VP Eric Gilbert is leaving the digital distributor after 8 years.
- Happy 20th Birthday Warner Chappel Music! (Music Ally)
Leave a Reply